Don’t want to take your planned KLM flight anymore? Most likely, you would like a refund of your ticket. We’ll explain our policy: when you’re eligible for a refund and how to request it.
How to request a refund
You can request a cash refund for the unused part of your trip via our online refund system. This system checks if you’re eligible for a full cash refund or only part of it. You can also give us a call, but please note that a fee may be charged.
Your request will be processed within 7 days. Keep in mind that all flights in your booking will be cancelled as soon as you request a refund. If your flight is scheduled in the future, we kindly ask you to apply for a refund on time. Otherwise, our cabin crew might still expect you on board, which could delay the boarding process for other passengers.
Didn’t book via KLM?
Unfortunately, you cannot use our online refund system if you booked via a travel agent. We advise contacting your travel agent first, as they have all needed information to arrange your refund. You can find contact details on their website. If you prefer, you can also contact us directly to help arranging your refund.
Please carefully check if you’re eligible for a full cash refund to avoid disappointment.
We recommend always requesting a refund, even if you have a non-refundable ticket. If you did not board your flight, you could get back unused airport taxes.
Cancelled or delayed flight
You can always request a cash refund of your KLM flight in the following cases:
- Your flight was cancelled, and you did not take an alternative flight.
- You decided not to take your outbound flight within Europe because it was delayed for more than 90 minutes, and your return flight was scheduled on the same day.
- You decided not to take your flight because it was delayed for more than 3 hours.
- You didn’t want to fly to your final destination because your connecting KLM flight was delayed for more than 5 hours.
You want to cancel your flight
You can always request a cash refund of your KLM flight within 24 hours after booking.
Have you booked your flight more than 24 hours ago, and are you flying Economy Class or Premium Comfort Class? Check your ticket type to see if you can request a cash refund. The booking fee, reissue fee (if applicable), and payment surcharges will not be refunded.
- Light or Standard ticket: non-refundable
- Flex ticket: refundable, either free of charge or at a fee, depending on the fare paid
Travelling in Business Class? We offer refundable fares. The conditions may vary per flight. You’ll see the conditions when you book your flight or in your confirmation e-mail.
In line with the Israeli Consumer Protection Law (5741-1981), you can also request a cash refund of your KLM flight within 14 days after booking, if this is at least 7 days before departure.
You may have to cancel your flight because of circumstances beyond your control. In the following cases, you can always request a cash refund:
- Your visa application was denied by the local government.
- There is a medical reason why you aren’t able to travel.
- In the unfortunate event that a passenger or a family member of a passenger has passed away.
If you booked a Premium Comfort Class or Business Class seat but had to travel in a lower travel class, you can apply for a refund of the fare difference. In case of a last-minute upgrade, you’ll get a refund of the money you paid for the upgrade. Please reach out to us to arrange this.